Wednesday, June 1, 2011

TEACCH ABC's

Here is another task I had in my TEACCH work boxes. The alphabet letters are written on library pockets which can be found at school supply stores and also Staples. I laminated the pockets and then using scissors or a knife I sliced open the pocket. I then printed 4 pictures for each letter of the alphabet. The pictures are about the size of a 3x5 card. The ones shown here are graphics from a program called Boardmaker Plus from MayerJohnson. You can find your own graphics from programs like Word or on the Internet. The pictures are also laminated to ensure longer durability. Depending on the level of the student I gave them anywhere from just a few letters at a time to the entire alphabet. This type of task works on letter skills and fine motor skills because the student must hold the library pocket in one hand and the letter card in the other hand and then slide the card into the pocket.  

No comments:

Post a Comment