Thursday, June 16, 2011

Count, Read, TEACCH




TEACCH Thanksgiving Task
I made several sets of cards like the ones pictured here. I wanted my students to be exposed to the written word as much as possible. This task was to simply see if the student could count the objects (turkeys) and then write the number in the box with a dry erase marker. Over time I noticed that my students started recognizing the words. These are simple to make. Simply find a graphic that you like it can be seasonal, theme, etc. Mine were seasonal. Such as count the pumpkins, turkeys, Christmas trees, snowflakes, hearts, shamrocks, Easter eggs, and flowers. With each set of cards I changed the word slightly. "How many turkeys do you see?" "I see ___ turkeys" to "I will count the pumpkins you will see" "I see ___ big round pumpkins" The text was always simple with a few changes.

No comments:

Post a Comment