Wednesday, June 1, 2011

New Words

 
I was working on language skills with one of my students. We were using Winnie the Pooh figures and a picture book called "Winnie the Pooh and Tigger Too" He was doing so great. He was answering all sorts of questions, making comments, and we even created our own little story which he acted out with his figures. As I was taking him home he asked if he could "keep" the figures. I told him he could "borrow" them. He looked at me quizzically. I explained that the word borrow meant he could have them, but he would have to give them back to me the next time I saw him. He repeated the word borrow and said, "I keep now, give back later" When he arrived home he told his mom and dad that he borrowed. I think he used that word probably 25 times by the time I left his house. New words are always fun to learn. I was so excited that I had found something he loved enough he wanted to "Borrow"  

No comments:

Post a Comment