Friday, February 10, 2012

Money Library Pockets

Money Library Pockets - TEACCH

Money Library Pocket with Touch Dots on Money
Money is such a challenging skill for kids to learn and then to generalize to real life situations. This is an activity that I made to incorporate money skills into independent work in my TEACCH system. I found these money stickers at a teacher supply store. I put various amounts on each library pocket. One version has touchdots and one without. Then I made corresponding cards with pictures and prices. This is to help the kids learn to read price tags.  

Ideas for generalization of money: Vending Machines. Field Trips to a dollar store, if you cannot go to a store bring the store to the classroom and use real money to purchase items. Class stores with class money to learn about saving, spending, reading prices, and understanding if you have enough to buy a particular item.

No comments:

Post a Comment