Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Candy Necklace

Who remembers candy necklaces? I always thought they were so cool. Were you the type of kid that ate them immediately or saved them because once you ate the necklace it was gone? I usually saved mine for a little while and then ate the necklace. For Valentine's Day my kiddos made their own candy necklace. I did this with a group of preschool kids and the goal I had for them was to simply string the candy onto the necklace. I tied the first candy on and then put tape on the ends to help with the stringing of candy. This was a challenging fine motor skill. Now for my older kids I had them create a pattern with their candy to add in some math skills with the fine motor. All the kids had fun. By the end of the day it was funny to see who had just, the string left and who had not even touched the candy. I bought candy necklace kits made by Wilton. But afterwards I thought for next time I may simply buy pre-made candy necklaces, cut the string and tada candy necklace kit... This could easily be incorporated into any holiday based on the color of candy you are stringing.

No comments:

Post a Comment