Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Unifix Cubes

Unifix Cubes - Lakeshore Learning
Count and Graph Ladybugs with Unifix Cubes
I have used Unifix cubes for place value, object counting, patterning, and phonics skills, but I wanted to find a way to also incorporate them into my TEACCH system. I created the cards like the one pictured above with the ladybugs. These are printed on card stock and laminated using the heavy lamination. In the TEACCH box I place anywhere from 5-10 cards at one time. The student will count the ladybugs and place the same number of Unifix cubes together to represent the ladybug count. This task works on one to one correspondence, object counting, visual graphing, and fine motor skills. I also made variations of pictures such as snowflakes, turkeys, pumpkins, hearts, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment