Thursday, August 9, 2012

Categories with Favorite Characters

Disney Category - Boys vs. Girls
Categories are always a key part when it comes to language skills. I haven't found a kid yet that doesn't enjoy Disney movies. Over the past few years I have been collecting Disney Play sets. I now use these while working on language. For students who are learning categories this becomes a fun activity. I have them sort these in many different ways - refer to the pictures for examples. The students think they are playing when in reality they are learning some valuable skills. I also love these toys because I can get so much language from my students. When I am working with students with language needs I pull out my Disney toys. They can work on requesting more toys. We can play with the figures together building joint interactions. We can work on building simple language words/phrases such as Tigger bounces say "bounce" I know that the play sets cost money, for me they were well worth the investment. If you do not have the funds another idea is to print pictures on card stock of the students favorite characters from movies, books, tv remember to laminate. Use the pictures in the same way as the figures.

Disney Category - Animals vs. People
Disney Category - Movie Sort


Disney Category - Land Animal vs. Water Animal

No comments:

Post a Comment