Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Egg Counting

Egg Counting
There are so many things to do with Easter Eggs and the Egg shape. Here is one idea. I made a simple oval (egg) on card stock, cut out and laminated. Then I hid the eggs all around the room. The kids had to find the numbers and dots and match them together. They thought this was lots of fun because they were up and moving around however they were learning too. Whenever my students are matching I always make sure that I am assessing what I intended. Many matching games make the 2 items that go together the same color, shape, design, etc. If this occurs then the child may only be matching by a visual discrimination of one of those features and not what you intended for them to learn.  You could also put this type of task in a TEACCH system. I would have the students paperclip the matching items together by doing this you have also added a fine motor component. Download the printable numbers 1-12 here. Egg Counting Printable

No comments:

Post a Comment