Thursday, July 14, 2011

Lego Game

I have started a social skills group on Thursday evenings. I was out looking for some good social games to play. Many of the kiddos I work with enjoy playing with Legos but this tends to turn into parallel play versus joint interaction. I purchased a game called Lego Creationary. In this game you begin to build an item from a picture and then the rest of the group has to guess what you are building. I love this idea because the kids get to be creative and the ones guessing have to use their discrimination skills and descriptive skills to interpret what is being built. Now the game does not come with any direction for how to put together each object. If you are playing with kids that need directions I found many step by step directions on the following Lego web page. Now these don't go directly along with the game but you can use them instead of the pictures offered in the game. http://creative.lego.com/en-us/Familytime/buildinginstructions/BuildingInstructionsmonthly.aspx?month=August&year=2010 Happy building :)

No comments:

Post a Comment