Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Elephant & Piggy



This is from Today I Will Fly!

My current favorite picture books are the Elephant & Piggy series by Mo Willems. These books are funny. They teach lessons like playing with others, being a good friend, encouragement, and so much more. The drawings are easy for kids to understand the emotions. When they speak each character has a colored bubble above their head. Today I used an elephant puppet and a pig puppet while I read the book with one of my students. The student was the elephant and I was the pig. We read the story using the puppets. This was so much fun and created great interactions. These books are an excellent tool for talking about different facial expressions. You can discuss what the characters are feeling. The books provide problems that the kids can help predict the solutions before they are revealed in the book.



No comments:

Post a Comment