Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Posessive Sister

For Christmas this year I convinced my parents to buy my sister an iPad. I thought of the many uses she would have. I knew she could watch movies especially her classics like Lavern and Shirley. I knew she would like to look at photos. I even figured that the screen would be large enough that she would be able to select the movies and slide the photos on her own. Like I am always saying the more independence the better. I also found a app from itunes that would allow me to create picture schedules and a reinforcement menu. Before Christmas I loaded her iPad with pictures and movies and games. I was so jealous. She opened the gift and looked at the iPad puzzled. Then the first picture came up and she squealed with delight. she put her hand down to touch the screen and the picture moved, now she was intrigued. We played with the iPad for a bit showing her different things. She wanted to watch a movie on the iPad not on the massive 64" television. I needed to add some more files so that I could create the schedules. I picked up the iPad and Squiggy went nuts! She threw her head and kicked her feet. I thought maybe she will calm down. Nope she began to wail as if saying "That is MINE!" I placed the iPad back on the table but it was not enough for her, she wanted her iPad back with her. She still won't let me touch it. I had to sneak the iPad late one night just so I could add more things for her. For such a little person and one that cannot verbalize she definitely gets her point across.

No comments:

Post a Comment