Tuesday, October 26, 2010

The Note Must be Written

I had a student that went through a phase of "the note must be written" Each day when he arrived at school he would go over to the drawer with construction paper and pull out pink, always pink. Then in a loud voice say "The Note Must Be Written!" He would write the note and then deliver it to me. The notes varied a little but had the same theme. One said "Miss Jackson to Mars" I read this note aloud and he said "yup" I asked are you sending me to Mars? "yup" I asked why are you sending me to Mars? He laughed maniacally and then said "you need to teach the martians" and looked at me as if he was saying "duh" Another note said "Miss Jackson is an alien" I received this note frequently when he was upset with me. I should have been an adult when I received a note like this was... Nope I then pretended to have antenna coming out of my head and I chased him around the room. What can I say maybe I am an alien... The sweetest note I received was when I was having a difficult day. He wrote, "Miss Jackson sad" He was right I was sad. I read it and about cried he gave me a quick hug and then ran off.  

No comments:

Post a Comment