Friday, November 2, 2012

Halloween Activities

Pumpkin Bowling
I know Halloween is over... Due to my preparation at the last minute things sometimes don't get posted until after the fact. Here are 2 fun activities to do next year. The first is Halloween bowling with rolls of toilet paper. I printed a simple ghost face and wrapped it around the toilet paper. Then I cut holes in a small pumpkin (I didn't remove the insides of the pumpkin, this way they the kiddos had a fun sensory surprise when they stuck their fingers into the holes.
 
The second activity was by far the biggest hit with all the kids from my young ones to the teens. I made tape balls. I wrapped my candy and prizes in plastic wrap. Then I took a piece of candy and began wrapping packing tape around the candy. For each piece of candy I placed 2-3 long pieces of tape. In this way I slowly built my candy/prize ball. in the end the ball was about the size of a large grapefruit. In addition to candy I placed small toys and coins. The kids sat in a circle and rolled two dice. When they rolled doubles they grabbed the ball and began pealing the tape off as quickly as possible, because everything they freed from the tape ball they could keep. They continued to peal tape off until the next kiddo rolled doubles.  I had 4 rotations going and this was the one that all the kids wanted to stay at. We are going to do this activity again at Christmas time. If you have a group of older and younger kids you can have the older kids wear gloves to even out the playing field. My suggestion is to separate the younger kids and older kids because this activity involves lots of fine motor and the younger kid ball was more simple to unwrap.   
Tape Ball with Prizes

No comments:

Post a Comment