Tuesday, June 19, 2012

iPod Touch Case

Griffin Military iPod Case

I work with many kiddos with disabilities. The iPod touch and iPad have been an excellent avenue for improving augmentative communication. I like using the app called Proloquo2go. I have a new girl with autism that I wanted to try using an ipod touch. She however dislikes carrying things (unless she wants to carry the item such as anything green, squishy, smelly, etc). I have been searching for a good durable case for and ipod touch. I found the Griffin Military Duty Case. This case has a hard plastic shell, with a clear overlay on the screen and then a thick durable rubber over the top along with a belt clip. This is an excellent case. The girl I was working with liked using the ipod touch however she still didn't want to carry it around with her. Luckily, she showed me what I needed to do. I had just purchased these coil keyrings for another project and she picked up the green on and wrapped it around her wrist. I quickly realized that this would help her carry her "voice" around with her. Sure enough we attached the keyring to the belt clip and off she went, wearing the ipod touch on her wrist. This seems like a great solution so far. I am not sure how long the keyring will hold out but for now it has been an excellent option.   

Griffin Military Case with Coil Writst Chain

No comments:

Post a Comment