Saturday, November 5, 2011

Inclusion Idea

I know the push for students with disabilities is to get them into the general education classroom. One challenge I have faced is determining how my students are coping in the general classroom. When a paraprofessional or I look in on them I need to be able to decide if help is needed for the student or the teacher. I just saw a wonderful idea when I visited a High School. The students took with them a 3x5 car that was folded in half. One side was green and said, "doing fine" the other side was red and said, "I need help". I could simply walk by the door and see how each student was doing in the classes, without making a big deal, walking in, interrupting. Obviously a little training would have to be done to teach the student when and why to turn the card from green to red.

No comments:

Post a Comment